A comfortable, carefree retirement in Florida. It’s been the dream and goal of generations of people looking forward to finally enjoying the fruits of their lifetime of labor. It’s the reason why beautiful retirement communities in Florida like the Villages of Seloy in St. Augustine are thriving. And what’s not to love? Upscale homes, luxurious amenities, the ocean and beach, gorgeous warm weather, friendly neighbors, and tons of recreational opportunities are just the start! For those considering relocating to the Sunshine State when they unburden themselves of their professional duties, here are ten good reasons why that would be an excellent move.
10 Great Reasons To Retire In Florida
- Great Weather - Living in Florida and especially St. Augustine in the northeastern part of the state provides lots of warm, sunny days, year-round. Here, you might experience brief summer showers freshened by cool ocean breezes, but never any snow. Temperatures rarely get very hot or cold. After enduring cold northern climates for years, most retirees to Florida welcome the change.
- Low Taxes - Florida has long had a reputation as a low tax state. In fact, it ranks 50th nationally in terms of taxes levied as a share of personal income. If you’re looking for a retirement community where you’ll get the most bang for your retirement bucks, this is the place to go.
- Low Cost Of Living - Low taxes aren’t the only thing that will save you money in Florida. Everything is a bargain, here. The cost of goods and services is much lower than the national average. And the state sales tax is just 6%.
- Active Lifestyle - Living in a 55+ active adult retirement community in St. Augustine, FL offers plenty of opportunities to get out and exercise in the great weather, including outdoor sports, walking, hiking, and bicycling trails, and of course, exercise classes and group activities with friends. When you tire of lounging by the pool with a Mai Tai, you’ll have no excuses not to get up and go!
- Excellent Medical Care & Facilities - Northeastern Florida and the area around St. Augustine is home to numerous world class health and wellness facilities, as would be expected in a state with many Baby Boomers. This includes the Mayo Clinic, Flagler, Baptist and St. Vincent’s Hospitals and the North Florida Medical Center, among others. First-rate care is always just a short distance away.
- Recreational Opportunities - There’s no excuse for being bored when you’re living in Florida, especially in St. Augustine as there are just so many things to do! Several world-class golf courses are just a short drive away; swimming, boating and water sports are all close at hand; and there’s great hunting and fishing. There are also many museums, cultural attractions, and historical sites in America’s oldest city, as well as many nearby shopping venues and restaurants.
- Great Social Life - With so many retirees living in the area, those of the Boomer generation will find lots of like-minded neighbors and friends to meet and mix with. The Villages of Seloy in particular provides a great social environment for those aged 55 and over who enjoy dinner parties, conversation, sightseeing and shopping with people who share their values and life experiences.
- Outstanding Living Choices - Those choosing to move to a resort-style retirement community in St. Augustine, FL like the Villages of Seloy will enjoy affordable, low maintenance living in modern new upscale condominium homes with luxury amenities, and gated security. It’s a lifestyle that lets you relax and devote all of your attention to enjoying your retirement.
- Pet Friendly – You’ll find many pet owners in the neighborhood and walking trails to keep your pets entertained and exercised. Florida in general is a pet-friendly place.
- You'll Never Have a Problem Getting Family & Friends to Visit - Convincing far-flung family and friends to come and visit you in a subtropical paradise close to the beach is never difficult. In fact, the hard part might be getting them to leave.
When you’re ready to leave the cold and snow behind and retire to an affordable, comfortable, friendly retirement community in Florida, you can do no better than the Villages of Seloy. Just give us a call at 904.810.2097 or contact us online for more information, or drop in for a visit in person and we’ll be happy to show you around.